Sunday, September 02, 2007

Google Talk

We use Google Talk in a lot of different ways. Not just to IM but also just to keep track of each other and to make suggestions, ie "Who wants to go see Stardust this week? Let's get a big group together" or to share links or emotions, like I might be complaining about why writing is suddenly so damn hard*.

Because I have my screen set for poor vision - everything as large as possible - I see smaller bits of messages when I look to see who is online and what they're doing. So last night when I took a look at my list I saw a friend's message which read "Eating a shitload of cotton" to which I thought What? It turns out it actually said Eating a shitload of cottoncandy and went on from there but for a moment I was even more confused than usual.


*And it is. After writing at least a thousand words a day since the beginning of last November (except for during Balticon when I dropped down to about 200) suddenly I don't want to write at all. I want to read and rest instead. Could be the iron defiency, I don't know. The most annoying part is I need only like THREE more scenes to finish the Destiny Experiment (as of yesterday afternoon when I finished the big explosive problem solving scene) but I don't even want to open the file. And let's not even talk about the Clive book. I'm spending more time staring at it than I am writing it, which hasn't been my style for a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home