Thursday, September 06, 2007

Poisoned, bruised and bloody

I had my PICC line put in this morning. I parked in the wrong parking lot and by the time we walked through the heat and humidity to the right place I was so out of breath that they stuck me in a wheelchair. (My friend who also had to get iron infusions said the same thing would happen to him and when my numbers get up to 40 or so this will get better.)

Then the PICC went into the wrong spot, sort of more down and to the right, so that needed fixing. My arm is bruised up and there's a fair amount of blood under the dressing, with more still seeping out. Fun.

Then we ordered Chinese food for supper for the first time in a long time and I got vegetable spring rolls except they weren't, they had shrimp in them. I only took one bite but still started itching all over. I've now swallowed two Benadryl and am hoping that will do the trick. I've got the two epi-pens but who wants to go that far? Not I.

It's really annoying because I'm so careful to stay away from the things that will kill me if I eat them or if they kill me. Grrrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home