Monday, October 29, 2007

Margaret Atwood loves me

Neil posted about a series of five love letters you could get The Times to send you and I signed up, which was kind of more of a hassle than I'm usually willing to put up with. The first one came today and was in a wonky format (at least in gmail) with dark print on a brown background, less than optimal as we say in my office. I copied the whole thing into a word file, again more work than I'm usually willing to do if I'm not actually getting paid, and was finally able to read it.

It's from Margeret Atwood and it's perfectly lovely and funny. According to the mail it is:

Extracted from Four Letter Word: New Love Letters, edited by Joshua Knelman and Rosalind Porter, published by Chatto & Windus on November 1, 2007 at £12.99. Editors © Joshua Knelman and Rosalind Porter 2007 Individual contributors © 2007
If you've got a spare thirteen pounds you'll be able to get it next week. In the meantime I believe you can still sign up and get your own letters with this link. You can also read a story by Lionel Shriver about the dangers of impetuous love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home