Monday, October 22, 2007

Mashed plums

I was talking with a friend of mine and he asked me if I'd ever taken a creative writing class and I told him I'd tried two and dropped them both. The second one was because I had to drop out of school and go to work full time and the first one was because the teacher drove me nuts.

We had to do this project where we wrote a poem and then we had to turn it into a monologue, then a dialogue, then a play. I think that poems are poems and very different from a script. I asked my friend if he was familiar with William Carlos Williams' poem This is Just to Say and then I said I supposed you could make it into a play, maybe with a lot of arguing, but it would really ruin the poem.

Then he tried to say it would be like Waiting for Godot but he actually said The Stranger and I said yes, I ate your plums because the sun got in my eyes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home