Monday, October 01, 2007

No more PICC line

I went in for my dressing change and my PICC line was infected so out it came. I always freak out more about things coming out than in. I don't like it when they take the needle out of my arm for a blood draw and I hate the extreme creepiness of the PICC line removal. Turn your head, take a deep breath then someone pulls this meter long length of silicon tube out of your heart. AAGGH.

So the good news is the thing is out and I don't have to worry about it anymore and the bad news is it out and I have no idea if the iron infusions worked so I may need a new one. Sigh.

I just finished Warren Ellis' Crooked Little Vein. Oh. My. God. If you're curious about this book read the first sentence. If you can get past that read the first paragraph, then the first page, then the first chapter. If you're still hanging in there you've got a pretty good chance of being able to read the entire book.

Despite the extreme freak-out factor, or perhaps because of it, it's an engrossing little book, crashing from hilariously funny to horribly disgusting and back again. And it's got one of the best endings I've read in a long time. If you've been reading my blog for any length of time you know that I dislike most endings but this one sizzles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home