Tuesday, September 25, 2007

6.8

I got a call today from my hematologist's office to ask me if I was having any unexplained bleeding. Or how about bruising? Turns out my PT/INR which should be around 2.5 - 3 is 6.8, which is crazily high.

I've been feeling rotten and every time they change the dressing on my PICC line there is blood so it was almost a relief to hear it's hight because that kind of makes sense. It's better than well, we gave you iron and you still feel like crap. Oh well.

Instead I'm kind of wondering if the new iron will be wasted with all this bruising I have. I'd really like to get ahead of the curve for a little bit.

It will take four or so weeks to see if the iron infusion did its job. Meanwhile I'm stuck with the horribly itchy PICC line. Blah.

I ran out of books to read so I've been reading older XKCD comics. I love them.

Spoiler Alert. http://www.xkcd.com/109/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home