Tuesday, September 18, 2007

See this nice picture?

It's got a nice happy dog and a dude who doesn't look so bad. But according to this site it's a man showing his bubo that indicates he's got bubonic plague. I suppose we return later to find the dog eating the guy.

I'm back to doing some more research on the black death for the Tesla project I'm working on.

I got my second iron infusion today. It's not too bad really. It's kind of a tossup as to which is worse, the horrible taste of iron in the back of my throat or the horrible itching from where the PICC line goes into my arm.

There were three of us in the chemo suite today. A nice lady with a central line sticking out next to her collar bone, me with my PICC line and a very thin man with a rubber tube going into his belly. I keep thinking it must be awfully odd to work in that office and constantly change the dressings surrounding this queer implants.

Cam has developed a food allergy, we don't know what it is yet, and missed nearly a week of school with hives and vomiting. He's got to carry an epi-pen now and we're working on ways to help him remember to carry it. It's going to be harder for him to have his than for me to have mine because it's more socially acceptable for me to drag around a purse. People might look at him funny if he takes to carrying one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home