Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Stupidest Angel

I finally got around to reading The Stupidest Angel by Christopher Moore. It was one of the many books I gave Cullen for Christmas last year. (I walked into the bookstore and bought him every Christopher Moore book on the shelf. This was a reaction to reading A Dirty Job.)

I started it this morning before I got out of bed and finished it before I got out of bed. That's how good it is. I kept thinking well one more chapter... Of course it helped that I was the only one home and the rats and cats were fed. I didn't have any responsibilities other than to myself.

It's extremely funny and the characters are great, a retired actress who starts thinking she's Kendra the Warrior Babe of the Outland, a pot smoking constable, a pilot who has a talking fruit bat named Roberto and a slew of others.

Weirdly the angel looks a lot like Gabriel, my angel from this series I'm writing. Are all angels blond and do they all wear black trenchcoats? It's a puzzle to be sure.

Hopefully tomorrow will be my last infusion of iron and I'll be able to get the PICC line out. Not that I'm looking forward to its actual removal - last time I had one the nurse said look to your right and take a deep breath then she yanked it out and it had stuff stuck to it. Gruesome. I get dizzy thinking about it. I still think you should be allowed to have out of body experiences for this type of thing. And dental work. You should be able to float around and check things out and come back nicely refreshed. I'm just saying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home