Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Busy weekend

Cam and I were at Capclave this weekend, which was terrific. We saw some old friends and made some new and I spent a lot of time in the game room, a first for me.

Unfortunately on the way there Cam stabbed himself in the leg with a knife. Nobody knows why (maybe the cats know) but there was a steak knife in the trashbag and when he went to pick it up to take it out the dumpster it stabbed his leg. I took him to night time pediatrics and he got a tetanus shot, which made him feel feverish for the rest of the day, and we're watching the site for infection.

Monday I took Cullen to see the nephrologist. I liked her a lot, very no nonsense but also good with explanations, which is important to me. There is likely a kidney biopsy in Cullen's horizon, which she says is as loud as a cannon, a surprising thought.

Cam and I made the mistake of getting some chicken from a place near Capclave that seemed a little underdone to me and now he's throwing up and I'm pretty sick. His school sent him home yesterday and we're kind of limp and tired.

I'm not really writing anything besides my column because I've been feeling extra sick since the PICC line got infected. It's annoying because writing always makes me feel better but I feel stupid and making connections or even finishing a sentence is very hard for me right now. I feel a little like I did when I was first getting meningitis, although very little neck or head pain, thank God. But I'm falling a lot and dropping things and forgetting things like that square numbers do exist. It's frustrating and I hope I get better soon. Can I send myself a get well soon card?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home