Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My cup runneth over with paper

Just got an email from the library. They're holding 20th Century Ghosts for me (Joe King's collection of short stories that was just published - I ordered it in the summer) as well as Scott Westerfeld's Extras, the next book in the Uglies universe. There's a book for Cullen also, the next one by Terry Goodkind in the Sword of Truth series he's reading. I must have them today...

I'm right in the middle of Eyes of Crow by Jeri Smith-Ready. I met her at Balticon last year and made a note to buy this book but never remembered until Capclave last month when I ran into her in the dealers room and snapped it up. I started it yesterday while at the pediatrician with a wheezy kid and was a little dismayed to see what my brain translated as "archaic language" on the first page. When your kids are sick (no matter how big they are) you want something easy to read. But by page two I was falling into the story and now I'm on page 211 and just wishing for a couple of hours so I can finish it up.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home