Friday, May 30, 2008

A new plan for Peter S. Beagle

I went to a panel while at Con, on writing screenplays for animation and live action. Peter S. Beagle was one of the panelists, which is why I went. I've seen him before but this time I was in the front row of a very small room and I was struck by what a beautiful voice he has. It's incredibly soothing and gentle.

When the boys were small they had a lot of trouble sleeping and I used to get them these relaxation/guided imagery tapes to help them fall asleep. I remember one in particular where you imagined a bouncing ball, which turned into a bird and flew away over the sea.

I was thinking if Peter Beagle recorded a few of those, and of course he could write his own scripts, he could make an absolute fortune. Any listener would feel soothed, relaxed and safe and fall asleep easily.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home