Saturday, June 14, 2008

Dr. Bob has some words of wisdom

Dr. Bob has some interesting things to say to someone who is having some trouble coping seven years after her initial diagnosis with HIV. I think that what he has to say is relevant to a great many people with other chronic ailments or devastating diseases. My own experiences with cancer patients is proof of this.

And interesting, or sadly really, I have spoken with a great many people who have had the same response as the patient from friends and family when confronted with a chronic illness. They're expected to suck it up and are told they don't look sick (?) and are greeted with exasperation when they don't join in all the reindeer games so to speak.

And amusingly, just as I was typing "greeted with exasperation" Chris came in to tell me he locked the keys in my car, which is over at his friend's house. Sigh.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home