Saturday, August 16, 2008

Complaining about the Olympics

This blog from Variety Asia seems particularly whiny to me and apparently quite a few of the commentors also. It's called Anger Grows Over Opening Ceremony Trickery and complains about lip synching and CGI. Really? That's trickery? That's not part of the normal entertainment world? So maybe you don't really expect CGI or lip synching in a live event but I wouldn't call it "trickery." I still think the opening ceremonies were incredible, one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. I'm completely happy with them, despite the headache all the flashing lights gave me.

Here's the most ridiculous part of the blog entry, the finishing paragraph.

Chinese websites have China leading the medals table because it has won more golds than the U.S., even though the U.S. has won more medals overall.


See, to me that's just whining through and through and it makes the author look petty.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home