Sunday, November 30, 2008

All done with NaNoWriMo

I finished my novel for this year. It clocked in at just under 54 k words, which isn't a real novel but is actually longer than the other installments I've written for this series, which started out as a short story, morphed into a ten minute script and is now a series of short adventures.

Of course when I say I finished it I mean the first draft, which is rough as are all of these things that are written quickly. Instead of deleting things I just write notes saying things like "I don't like the direction of this conversation. This character is no fun. They should probably not be here. Maybe the King and Queen of beetles should have gone back to their kingdom and left only the captain of the guard." Stuff like that. That way I keep moving forward and fix things later.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home