Sunday, November 16, 2008

Some random stuff

I've downloaded the Wii version of Doctor Mario so you may never hear from me again. (I did manage my two thousand words of my novel, two hundred words of my entertainment column, formatted some newsletter stuff, did my Wii Fit for 36 minutes, read a story by Kelly Link and got the kids fed so I there's some hope for my future.)

In closing I leave with these links.

Save the Boissiere House. Gosh I love this house. It's the kind of place I fantasized about when I was girl. (I'm sure I'm not the only girl in the world who dreamed of an old abandonded house next door with a mystery inside just waiting to be solved.)

An NY Times article about a horse academy at Versailles that I loved. Again, the kind of thing I dreamed about as a girl. I was particularly struck by this quote:

''The number of women reflects the considerable feminization of horse-riding,'' Bartabas said. ''Today in France, 80 percent of horse-riders are women. In fact horse-jumping and dressage are the only sports where men and women compete on an equal footing.''


We kind of have to include other horse sports like racing and eventing but he's right. One of the reason other sports annoy me is because they seperate the boys and girls. I know they've got their reasons but this is just another reason to be a fan of dressage etc.

And finally, from the piece I wrote for the saving money website today, a warning about the dangers of antifreeze to your pets. If a cat walks through spilled antifreeze and licks its paws it gets enough of a dose to be fatal. http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/clientED/antifreeze.aspx

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home