Friday, January 09, 2009

History of lemonade

Here's an interesting piece about the history of lemonade.

The trade in lemon juice was quite considerable by 1104. We know from documents in the Cairo Geniza--records of the medieval Jewish community in Cairo from the tenth through thirteenth centuries--that bottles of lemon juice, qatarmizat, were made with lots of sugar and consumed locally and exported.


I tend to look up every little thing when I'm writing because I don't trust my brain. I would hate to write something and then find out that lemons were secretly developed by a lime grower in Florida in 1864...

In other words I had my surgery today and it went well. I'm in some pain and my throat is sore and irritated from throwing up a lot and having a tube down it but other than that so far so good. More details later.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12:08 AM, Blogger Georgiana said...

That should actually say "in other news" not "in other words."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home