Saturday, January 03, 2009

Who is Matt Smith?

I'm disappointed by today's announcement that the new Dr. Who is an actor called Matt Smith. I had high hopes that Paterson Joseph, who was fantastic as the Marquis de Carabas in Neverwhere. As far as I know I've only seen Matt Smith in one role, as Tim in Secret Diary of Call Girl, a role that didn't stick in my mind.

Once we move past my initial too bad Paterson Joseph didn't get the part feelings, I have some concern because when I look him up online I see a lot of people comparing him to Daniel Craig. I can't stand Daniel Craig, who is extremely creepy and has made the part of Bond unwatchable. I'll be sad if I have to give watching Dr. Who. Le sigh.

EDITED TO ADD:

I completely forgot to mention that Steven Moffat, who used to write Coupling and has been writing Dr. Who and will move up to take over for Russell Davies, obviously must have faith in Matt Smith. I suppose I should too.

Stupid change! Why does it torment me so?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home