Sunday, April 19, 2009

Let's Play Let's Guess What's In My Trunk

Now the possibilities are many. I have an emergency kit in my trunk. I ferry kids and college students around. I go to the library. I move things for artists. I let an artist borrow my car for a couple of months.

Sometimes I find random things that I can't identify. Once a sort of piny wooden doll/monster/walking cane thing. Other things are more ordinary. Interesting rocks. Seashells. Videos. Books.

My middle son Cullen dropped by my room a few minutes ago to ask me if I bought yogurt while I was out today. No, I didn't. Huh, he says. There's definitely a tub of yogurt in the trunk.

I can't remember the last time I bought yogurt. Now I'm wondering what kind of life has started up in that tub. At least its only early spring. One summer when the kids were little somebody spilled a cup of milk in the back seat and I didn't find it until the car smelled so bad I was gagging.

Hopefully I'll be able to get the hazardous waste people to come and get the yogurt before it bursts open and ruins this car too.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home