Thursday, January 21, 2010

What did you do today?

I took Cullen to the dentist at eleven. I took a nap while he was seeing the dentist, as is my wont, then when he was finished I tried to drive him home but my car wouldn't start. Absolutely nothing happened when I turned the key. I called my boss to let him know I wasn't going to be back as soon as I thought I would then I flagged down a dude in a big truck (thinking the bigger the truck the better the jump) who said he would help but we couldn't get the car out of the parking space because the stupid car wouldn't go into neutral. Sigh.

Eventually a very nice heart and lung doctor helped us. Something actually burned up under the hood while we were jumping the car, which was kind of weird and scary. I took the car straight the mechanic, who was a bit flummoxed. The battery, starter and alternator all tested out fine. He cleaned off my battery terminals, changed my transmission fluid and oil and we called it a day. Now I get to wait and see if it happens again and if this time we can figure out what the problem is.

He could have just swapped out the starter but since it tested okay he didn't think I should spend the money, which is a decision that works for me.

Then I came home, with a migraine, to find the cable out. Fun!

Chris was meant to come home tonight but his bus was canceled, maybe because of bad weather.

It could have been a better day, or at least a less expensive day. Maybe tomorrow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home