Monday, April 19, 2010

Better check those dates

I went to see my hematologist today and the news was mostly good. My iron is sort of hanging on so I don't need an infusion right now, although one is in my future. My PT/INR was much too low, 1.3, so I have to bump up my warfarin.

Mostly he was upset because he accessed my records from when I went to the ER a couple of months ago and the hospital didn't check for blood clots in my lungs, despite me presenting with both a low PT/INR and a cough.

There was a big sign on the wall that warned to check the expiration dates on tubes before drawing any bone marrow. And yes, there is a sad story behind the need for that sign.

Also I verified and yes, I am not eligible for donating bone marrow, despite the fact that they can now get the cells they need from your blood. It's still too pokey for someone on blood thinners. Blah.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home