Friday, October 29, 2010

Rape Culture Revisited

When I read the opening paragraph to this post I gasped so loudly that Cullen thought I'd hurt myself.


This has been a particularly rough week. One of my favorite comic artists was lambasted for asking, quite nicely, that people stop trying to compliment her in creepy ways. A school board member said he wanted all gay teens to commit suicide and that he was happy when they gave each other AIDS and died. He has since promised to resign but has already said he'll run again and has many, many supporters posting comments. It's sickening and wearying.

Then there was the Marie Claire blogger who thinks fat people are too disgusting to be seen in public. It's been a banner week for showing your ass.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home