Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Nice List of Non-Invasive Plants

I like this list of non-invasive plants of the Potomac River Watershed. Unfortunately it's in pdf, which is always a bit of a pain. The idea is to print it out and take it to the nursery to make sure you don't get something that's going to take over the world, like wintercreeper, which is a great name but not such a great plant for my area. http://www.nature.org/wherewework/northamerica/states/maryland/files/mdinvasives_final_card.pdf

I have some Japanese trees at my new house. Two Japanese maples, with beautiful red leaves, and a Japanese Dogwood. I also have a Japanese dog, an Akita. Invading all around.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Blogger sleepinl8 said...

This is really cool. I'll have to give this to my grandparents, them being residents of that area.
I would like to give you a huge pat on the back for your successes and talents you have shown the world throughout the years. Ad your children as well, following in your footsteps. So proud. Please check out my blog here if you get a chance (I'm sure you could provide me with a ton of wise advice on numerous subjects, for a young ditz like me :)). Here's the link: http://sleepinl8.blogspot.com
I'll be following ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home