Monday, March 31, 2003

I think for right now, this moment, this second, no guarantees for the future, the expression I despise the most is get a life.

In fact I hate it so much I want to slowly dismember whoever says it. Why do they say it? It befuddles me. Clearly if I'm typing something that offends them I must be alive. I say it offends them because nobody says it when they're happy with me; they only say it when I've said something they don't like.

I always liked Danny's answer. I'm breathing. I have a life.

I think get a life means go away and don't make me think. Let me sit and rot in the staleness of my own thoughts. Or lack thereof.

The funniest part of it all is that generally the ones who tell me to get a life don't have even the scent of a clue as to what my life is like. I'm taking bets at 100 to one that they don't know Julianne Moore (who seems to get more luminescent every day) once gave my youngest son, Cameron, a black eye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home