Monday, December 01, 2003

Crazy stuff

I just found this. I mailed to a friend right before I got my bird's nest filter.

Both the Vena Tech LGM and Birds Nest filters are known to have a very high vena cava thrombosis rates, ranging from 8-25%.

what? Why? Huh? I'm making a noise I can't describe...

It is interesting that both the authors and the editorialist tended to gloss over the incidence of major bleeding and related deaths. With a total of 39 major bleeding events (10%) and 9 of 83 deaths from bleeding (11%), this complication was considerably more serious than recurrent DVT.

I don't even remember where the hell I got that info.

But I got my filter. Was sick for two months, had my gallbladder out and then I got terribly ill with retroperitoneal bleeding. I was in the hospital for 21 days last year, five in ICU after I got a DVT from my right knee to my hip.

Then I went to a Counting Crows concert the day I got out of the hospital because I am really fourteen. Then I got so sick I had to go to the ER in DC.

I wonder how many CC fans go from a hospital to a show, then back to the hospital.

But anyway, I'm disturbed by that info abut bleeding and DVTs because that filter is supposed to save my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home