Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Scripts and indecision

Check this out - it's a request that makes no sense. Got it from my inktip newsletter awhile back.

I am looking for a completed contemporary non-erotic, sexy thriller (no revealing sex scenes) or non-comedic romance. It must have a strong female lead. When you submit your logline in the subject line of the email, please put 'sexy thriller or romance' and the title of your script.

What the hell is non-erotic yet sexy?

I got this one yesterday:

We are looking for a writer to help with our screenplay: a dramatic, true story, based on the Holocaust. We are looking for a writer that has either written a script that involves the Holocaust and takes place during that time period or a writer with deep concern who is very knowledgeable in the history of the Holocaust period.

Please email a synopsis of your completed Holocaust screenplay or anything that best demonstrates your writing style (if interested we may contact you for your screenplay on the Holocaust or a sample of your drama script to see if your writing matches our sensibility)


Carolyn and I were just talking about how we think in our last lives we hid out and then were captured and killed in the camps.

I could write a very powerful script. I could also cry while I wrote every single word. I was meant to help Danny with his Holocaust script, Auslander Allein. I was researching for him.

The Trek, a script I started months ago, takes place during the Holocaust and has this terrible sequence where all the characters and the horses flee from the Russian tanks. It's mostly about the horses though and everyone is Prussian so they are on the wrong side.

I can't decide what I should submit as a sample of my work. What best demonstrates my writing style? I don't have just one style. Maybe the thing about the eyes of the undead from Bluer Than the Night Sky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home