Saturday, June 12, 2004

In which I am confused by men's furnishings

I was out buying clothing for my kids today. I don't think that I have been away from shopping so long that everything changed but I guess it did.

I was looking at boxers and out of the corner of my eye I see "Automatic retracting dog leash with light!" Umm okay, yes boxers are a kind of dog but not the kind I am perusing.

While I wait for the littler (of course one is taller than I am but he is still littler than Chris) ones to come out from trying on swim trunks I go and look for socks. Chris is on his feet all day and the little ferret took all my new balance marathon socks because they are so comfy. Then he took all the socks I got from when I was in the hospital. Then he took my punk rock socks with the spiders on them. I don't think I have any socks at all now.

I want to get him some more really good socks. I don't see any that say "standing all day until you want to cry? These are the socks for you!" so I am squashing them trying to decide which ones seem to be the thickest when I see that Joe Boxer no longer makes socks. Now they produce Foot Coverings.

What is that? A foot covering is what I get when I walk through a muddy field. I can't get over how pretentious the whole foot covering concept is so I retaliate by not buying any at all. That will teach Joe.

But really why were they selling dog leashes in the underwear section?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home