Saturday, August 07, 2004

If you are Mr. Jones...

I was talking to Megan about the fascinating nature of tech support and customer service and she told me about this fellow who keeps calling up to ask her a question. The trouble is that it is always the same question. He remembers calling but not what they talked about or how the situation was resolved.

I told her to get an automatic phone system. If you are Mr. Jones you have already called. It could be big in Japan.

Yesterday I was really being bombarded by this person who finally bewildered me to the point of incapacitation. The only positive thing that came out of the entire 100+ email relay was that I should start a site for people who do tech support. It would randomly email people with little messages that say things like "You do such a terrific job." I would call it techsupportsupport.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home