Saturday, September 25, 2004

A blissful sort of day

I had a pretty hectic week what with being so broke I couldn't even afford to go and get my Incredible Brain Shrinking Medicine.

But I am working so hard on fixing things so they are cheaper. To whit, switching to USAA insurance which appears to be lowering the bill for my van and Chris' new 350 dollar car by 78% and finally getting the boys their ID cards so we can shop at the commissary.

Yesterday I called the always wonderful Shamus at Pat Moran Casting and explained why I have been ducking his calls and that I want very much to work but I am worried about being physically unable to fulfill my obligations. It's so queer how jealous I am that I am not working yet I am not entirely sure that I can work.

Shamus said they start a new episode on Wednesday and to call him Monday as he is going to look through the script and see if there is anything that the thinks I can play. YAY SHAMUS!

I see that Betsy Royall Casting is casting for a film called FATWA. She needs someone for this part:

Bessie - woman, larger, low income, lives in a trailer park and on Drugs, great acting role

I don't know about you but that sounds like loads of fun to me. Fun in this case means hard work of course but fun also.

Then I see Carlyn Davis Casting still needs people for XXX Enemy of the State.

Chris took some pictures of me last night with his digital camera. I wanted one of me sneering to send in with my headshot for the Bessie character. I sent it off to a couple of my friends who said I look to intelligent for the role. Humph.

I'm pretty excited about these various opportunities.

But I am over the moon over an email I got today in regards to Fiddler's Green. I won the Dinner with the Guest of Honour lottery and I get to have dinner with Neil Gaiman. Can you say WOOHOO? I surely can. I will probably get so excited my head pops. Won't that be funny?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home