Friday, September 24, 2004

Running out of Eskatology stuff

I've just finished another one of those Left Behind books. I need to go back to the library and get the next couple in the series, which I think will bring me to the point where I wait with everyone else for the next one.

I think this last book was called the Mark or the Beast or really I have no idea. It was about AntiChrist taking over. First he takes possession and then takes over. That way the authors get another book squeezed out.

I was startled to find a character who had my first name. There are not scads of Georgianas in fiction.

A common train of thought as I read these books is why? Why would God bother with all this? It's all so preordained, everyone knows how it will all end, everyone knows what is coming. Why bother actually doing any of it? How interesting can it be?

But then I decided perhaps it's a bit like writing a script. That is really only the first step and you wait and see what the director, although who that would be in this little analogy is utterly beyond me, and what the actors and the cinematographer and all the rest bring to the finished film. A film is much more a team effort than most kinds of art I can think of. Of course this is merely a fanciful conceit of mine and likely God is snickering at me for missing the point but I don't mind giving God a good chuckle. It seems to be the least I can do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home