Thursday, September 16, 2004

My poor doctor

I have a wonderful primary care doctor. She cares about me, she worries about me, she spends lots of time trying to cure my bizarre ailments, she watches movies and TV shows I am in and she is smart and funny and wise.

I went to see her today as a followup for my ER visit and I mentioned that my insurance company had offended me by questioning this asthma drug she prescribed for me. I have a hard time with the traditional inhalers because the propellants make me have a bronchospasm so my doctor had given me something more like a rotohaler and my insurance didn't like it.

I told my doctor that I thought my insurance company had a lot of nerve questioning her when she has taken such good care of me for so many years and she said she doesn't think she has because I keep getting these weird diseases.

I felt terrible. It's not my doctor's fault I got meningitis and pseudotumour cerebri and DVTs and all the rest of it. She's kept me alive through some dangerous situations and she should be proud of herself. I hope she can see things that way.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home