Saturday, September 18, 2004

Where is Sandi or Sandy Moore?

I bought a bunch of Trixie Belden books from eBay a couple of months ago. I didn't pay much attention to the inscriptions as I knew they were used but then I found one with some remarks by the previous owner who had written which one was her favourite and why.

When I went back and looked I saw she had written her name in all of them and she had marked the pages that list other titles. She circled the ones she had, put special marks next to the ones she seemed to really like and wrote in the names of titles that weren't listed by the publisher.

I find her oddly endearing. She must have gone through that phase that so many girls go through where they play with the spelling of their names. She has Sandy Moore written in every book but then some say Sandi Moore. She has placed a small heart instead of a dot over an I here or there but not consistently. It's so sweet that she did that. I like to think of her lying on her belly reading these books imagining that she is the girl detective who has a quick temper but is endlessly loyal.

I don't know your story Sandy Moore but I hope that you are happy and you are everything you dreamt of when you were young.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home