Friday, October 01, 2004

In which blogger eats my post and my lovely title which referenced Neil Gaiman's socks, killer mayonaisse, whales and other intersting stuff

I'm sure the new title is not half as good as the lost internal server title. Alas and alack.


This morning Neil posted about his missing socks. This afternoon he said "Several hundred messages in, 99% of which were funny, or useful, or both, and about socks."

I love that those of us who gather at the blog in Neil's name are useful and funny even when discussing something that could be dull like socks.

Here is my own personal reply sent off first thing this morning:

Dear Neil,

I must confess I am behind your missing socks situation. In a dangerously crazed attempt to raise plane fare for Fiddler's Green I've been teleporting them into my sock drawer and then selling them on eBay.

Please don't ask why I don't just teleport myself to Fiddler's Green as that is a tawdry, twisted tale best told under the influence of lots of alcohol. See you at dinner.

Best,

Georgiana

PS - you are correct in that previously unknown species of birds, gnomes and rats seem to be the number one buyers of the purloined socks.

* * * *

I got mail from Hellman's today. If you are West of the Rockies you know them as Best Foods or at least that's the way it was when I moved out here 20 years ago.

Hellman's wanted to tell me about their new mayonnaise with extra vitamin K and E!! How lovely. I am extremely sensitive to vitamin K and when I had to get a shot of the stuff two years ago when I was in hospital for 21 days I got a major blood clot and spent the next five days in ICU. Thank you Hellman's for adding the worst possible vitamin to your product.

Who needs vitamin K anyway? I can see the tag line now, Finally a mayonnaise for hemophiliacs.

* * * *

This article is front page of msn.com today. It's about a surfer who was lifted out of the water by a whale today. The story makes a point of saying the surfboard was not injured but the surfer "did pinch the middle finger of his left hand between the whale and his surfboard."

I like whales quite a lot and I don't see why msn.com would assume the whale was trying to hurt this guy. How funny that they even have to mention such a minor injury.

* * * *

Modest Mouse's Black Cadillacs song appeals to me more and more every day. I think the line we're done, done, done, with all this fuck, fuck, fucking around is a splendid motto for the rest of my life.

* * * *

I'm reading a book I checked out of the library because of the title. I didn't read the back or the front of the book, just the title, which is No Matter How Much You Promise to Cook or Pay the Rent, You Blew it Cauze Bill Bailey Ain't Never Coming Home Again.

It's beautifully written and interesting. I'm about 100 pages into it and I'd recommend it. We'll see if it passes my stringent ending test.

1 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home