Wednesday, October 13, 2004

My confused thoughts about my writing for today

I worked on Angels in Black Suits today. I’ve had this weird feeling that it might be finished for awhile now. I wasn’t sure if that feeling is laziness, lack of ability to deal with the intense emotions the story raises or if it was a real feeling. Sometimes it’s very hard to tell what is going on in my poor swollen brain.

But ever since I read Lemony Snicket’s The Bad Beginning I have wondered if what I have is a complete story that can me made part of something larger later. Stephen King’s Dark Tower series is similar. He’s published parts of that as he went along.

I read the story today and made a few changes. It’s unbearably sad. I can’t tell if it’s scary or not but I guarantee it’s a heartbreaker when the heart in question is my own.

When I look at it I think there is more there but there isn’t. Every time I wonder why I stopped when I did and why I didn’t write the part I think is next. I wrote a little more of it and just like that it is done. Oh it can certainly still be a novel because there are so many questions it raises but then again many short stories never answer questions.

Maybe I will send it to my friend Jeannie and ask her girls to read it. Then maybe I’ll workshop it at Zoe.

* * * *

I wrote a little more than five pages today.

I’ve been asked to start an entertainment section for an existing newsletter from BrokerUniverse.com. Right now I make the newsletter and send it out to 35,000 people or so. This would be more writing than the little bit I do now. I think I should make sure I have something ready by Monday. It’s kind of hard to go from little telepathic girls whose front doors hardly ever open onto the same planet to which wine is best for a mortgage broker. I’m just sayin’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home