Saturday, October 09, 2004

Burning down the house

I saw a house on fire today. It was so strange. I kept thinking I couldn't be seeing what I thought I was seeing. I mean who sees a huge raging fire in the middle of town with nobody trying to put it out?

When I got closer I thought it was some sort of playhouse on fire. It looked like a house and had a couch and stuff in it. The flames were two or three times as tall as the roof and the smoke was terrible.

Then I realized the building was much too big to be a playhouse. I was terribly confused because a fire engine had just torn past me going in the other way.

Then I saw that the fire was on the front lawn of the Bowie Fire stations. I guess it was some sort of demonstration or practice or something. I hadn't even noticed that it was the fire house. My main memory of the Bowie Fire Department is all the trucks driving around with BFD on the front. That seemed to be their attitude today.

Tomorrow I will talk about Neil Gaiman and Frederick Pohl and One Ring Zero. And security and other things but now since I am throwing up far too much I shall stop here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home