Monday, October 04, 2004

Is it really worth it?

Sometimes I see people at the Grapevine making lists of people they don't like or people they have argued with. I see them lash out under lots of different names to one person who said something they didn't like.

I cannot imagine. Who has time and energy to carry on a feud like that with someone you don't know? Who has time to carry on like that with someone you do know? Not me, that is fur sure.

Some of you all might remember I had a very hard time with the whole forgiveness issue a year or so ago and The Real Live Preacher wrote a story for me that was very helpful. I used to think that I was incapable of forgiveness. I guess all I needed was a definition that I could live with. Certainly have had my share of people who have done extraordinary things in an attempt to hurt me, physically, mentally, psychically and financially, but if you gave me the chance to hurt them in any way I wouldn't take it.

There are people I have cut out of my life because I am not able to get past their continuing pattern of harmful behavior and I used to think that means I couldn't forgive them but I have, apparently without noticing, learned that I can protect myself, move on, and focus on the parts of life that bring sunlight instead of dankness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home