Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Beautiful beautiful books

I finally gave in and subscribed to the Hill House Neil Gaiman Author?s Preferred Series. Yeah I couldn't afford it. I know that.

But you see when I went to Fiddler's Green I got to see tea American Gods that Hill House had so kindly donated to the CBLDF auction in person and Neil talked about the special content and I have been moping about wanting the damn thing ever since. So when Thomson Media paid me my retroactive pay raise and reimbursed me for the eCommerce class I took in the Spring of last year well I decided to spend most of the money on these fucking awesome books.

They arrived yesterday and I nearly swooned. I wish my Intracranial Hypertension had not affected my eyes so much. Chris tells me the slip cover is a lovely shade of purple, instead of the brown that I see. But even so they are just drop dead gorgeous. And they even smell good.

I could not be happier with my purchase. In fact I suspect I will be buying Melinda, which I can't afford either, before the weekend is out. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home