Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Magnets and sadness

This article about a new magnetic therapy for depression is interesting.

It's most interesting to me because there has been some talk in my PTC support group about how MRIs of the brain are very effective for alleviating depression. In my own case I have been much less depressed since I had the MRI and the MRV of my brain last year. Really you would think I would be more depressed but I'm much happier and at peace with thing than I was two or three years ago.

I'll be very interested to see how this therapy progresses.

No Child Left Behind

Cullen's school flunked the no child left behind sanctions and if they don't pass them this year the school will be taken over by some group. I am unclear on the details but apparently the students are under a lot of pressure and the threat of the group that would include truant officers on site is held over the kid's heads.

The school must be pretty bad, right? It's a very good school and the only one in the county with the IB program. Old Mill passed every single test last year except for Special Ed Math which had a 100% failure rate. That is correct, one child was in the program and that child could not pass the test so the entire school is jeopardized. God bless the no child left behind program because there is nothing that high school kids need like more anxiety and fear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home