Sunday, May 01, 2005

A perfectly lovely day

I got caught up on quite a lot of things today. I made a list of things I might want to write about for my column.

I read the beginning of a book of short stories by Jane Smiley. I like them but her writing in this collection is so spare that I want more. I find myself longing for just a few more words here and there.

Then we went off to see the Hitchhiker's Guide. I hear it is getting bad reviews and I will have to look and see why. I am intensely curious as to what Neil is going to think of it.

I enjoyed myself. It was funny and touching and sweet and surprising. I was pleased to see there is a little bit at the end during the last part of the credits. I always love that.

I saw my first big screen preview for Revenge of the Sith and it made me clap. I remember seeing the very first film back when I was fourteen and being carried away with the audience and how grand and glorious it was.

The new Love Bug movie looks awful. I suppose it would look good if I were seven and also if it didn't creepily remind me of Christine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home