Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Except from my upcoming column

I got an early start on my column this week, thanks to Cory Doctorow's new book.

Here is part of the beginning.

We here at Quality Time don't like to stick books in genre ghettos. We'll give books labels like fun, interesting, smart, witty, must read and swoony and, yes, every so often we will say we don't understand the appeal of a book and we wouldn't want to think of you spending your hard earned time reading it but of course, the choice is always yours. We'll use a little bit of genre distinction from time to time (for instance I love to clearly label all InfernoKrusher, and, indeed, all possible InfernoKrusher) but mostly I'm going to say hey guys, here's a rollicking good read. And by all I hold dear, that's exactly what I had this week, a rollicking good read by Cory Doctorow, called Someone Comes to Town, Someone Leaves Town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home