Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Is that even possible?

With great trepidation and pain I did a little work on Carnal Fear. This is an extremely difficult project for me. I started it in 1998 I think and it's nowhere near done, that's how hard it is.

I've got my leads arguing in a really ridiculous way. Sutter is having a sort of a panic attack brought on by talking about her dead boyfriend after waking up from night terrors. Aaron is trying to comfort her but she won't let him in her room. They devolve into this brilliant first draft dialogue:

"Sutter."

"Go away."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Why can't you listen to me? Are you stupid?"

"Now Sutter," I said. "Is that nice?" I heard her growling in response and then the thud of her feet as she stomped her way to the door. She flung the door open and glared at me.


I just ran a spellcheck on what I wrote tonight, mostly to get a word count and it came up with a 100% reading ease and written at a .9 grade level. Never in my life have I met someone reading at a .9 grade level. That's just silly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home