Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Followup on big tobacco post

I wrote to Mr. Spitzer, the Attorney General of New York, today.

This is what I said:

Dear Mr. Spitzer,

I saw an article today about how pleased you are that Time, Newsweek and some other pubs will remove tobacco ads before distribution to schools.

As a result, I am thinking that this topic is important to you and I wonder if you could tell me what to do about the Marlboro advertising to children ages 13 - 17, in the guise of polling them about "important health topics."

I blogged about it here:

http://georgianalee.blogspot.com/2005/06/big-tobacco-advertises-to-children-age.html

And posted an entry at Teresa Nielsen-Hayden's site, where another reader suggested I take some of my anger and use it to report this violation.

I would very much appreciate any advice you or your staff members have for me. I understand that you must be terribly busy and I am not even in your state so I am hardly important, but the issue is important and it happened online, which kind of overrides state lines in my book.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Georgiana


We'll see if anything comes of this but I feel better already just because I did something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home