Thursday, October 20, 2005

HIV and PTC - Comparing two systemic diseases

When I read this article by Carlos Perez I am struck by two things. First of all I feel terrible for this man. Being sick is hard. Having to fight for your medical care is harder. Having to fight for your medical care because you can't afford the PPO is demeaning.

The other thing that amazes me, and amazes me every time I end up at this AIDS/HIV resource site is how similar HIV and PTC symptoms are to each other. Fatigue, nausea, vomiting, weakness, memory loss and dizziness are all common complaints of both types of patients.

Sometimes I think this is because the brain is involved and so of course you are going to get overlaps. But mostly I just wish I knew more. I would love to read something explaining this.

And on another note, Dr. Bob from the forums is such a great guy. He's funny and optimistic and smart. If you have any questions about HIV/AIDS he is the one to ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home