Monday, October 03, 2005

Dr. Ben Carson Won't Chop My Head Open


Apparently he only chops children's heads open. So much for that idea.

I spent some time today looking at other Johns Hopkins neurosurgeon's websites. How can you tell from a doctor's site if they are caring and compassionate? Some of them (not just at JHU, some other ones who have done scary studies) look like they'd sell their grandmother's up the river for a copper penny. Some of them look like they just escaped from prison and are pretty sure you've got an arrest warrant in your camera.

I did call another office and left a message. We'll see what happens.

Do you know, I have also been looking at some stuff about cover letters because I mean to submit my column for syndication and I when I think about the amount of time I have spent on this brain surgeon thing I think I could have gotten a novel through a slush pile faster and with better success.

Did I mention I discussed this potential surgery with Neil Gaiman at the Anansi Boys reading? He's so nice, quite kind and while he agreed with Will Shetterly that I have nothing to lose by the surgery and much knowledge to gain, he also said if it were his head he didn't know what choice he would make.

I'm awfully glad its not his head. I shudder at the thought.

Oh did I say that Dr. Carson made me think of Spider the moment I saw him? Slick and confident and very sure of himself. I think of the way Neil read him just saying "Heeeeyyy," kind of like a thug and I think yes, that is Spider.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home