Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Talking about HIV

I've taken to reading some of the more interesting posts and articles that come in the Body newsletter out loud. Usually I read the more silly questions, like this week someone asked Dr. Bob if you could get HIV from a trash can.

I have never felt that Cam was paying attention but today he asked me several questions about what I was reading. Then I read him the question from the woman who is negative and just found out she is pregnant by her positive husband. She wanted to know if she and the fetus could catch HIV from the husband.

So we talked about the possible answers before clicking on the link and reading the official answer. It seemed to work out as a pretty lowkey way to address critical issues. Just one more reason to really like The Body website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home