Friday, December 16, 2005

The Vanishing Director

I noticed something odd while researching my column last night.

Last May I went to a panel at Balticon about dinosaurs and art. One of the things we discussed was Peter Jackson's King Kong and the general look he wanted for the film. We also talked about the dinosaurs and how Bob Eggleton thought they were going to be nifty. Then he said that Peter Jackson was exhausted from making the three LOTR films and going straight to Kong and that another director had to come in when he collapsed.

When I started writing about the film last night I went online to find the name of the director and I had the devil of a time. I found some blog entries talking about it, including this

Production Diary: Day 131

4/15/05, 5:23 am EST - Xoanon


Peter Jackson is tired...let's face it, he is no Superman, I mean he is nearing the very end of production on King Kong and he is running on fumes. His crew are an amazing bunch of Apt Pupils, but they can only do so much. Peter is beginning to feel Buried Alive and needs some help, his Majestic film is about to collapse if he doesn't get some people in there to aid him. So he decides to call in The Usual Suspects. Take a look who aids PJ on his quest! [QT6 240x132px 8Mb] [QT4 320x176px 14Mb] [QT6 480x264px 18Mb] [Bit Torrents!]

Email us your questions and PJ may answer them in a future Production Diary!
but I couldn't get the link to work.

I looked for a long time and found no articles about the collapse. Nothing at all. I wonder why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home