Wednesday, November 30, 2005

So Like I'm a Winner


I finished NaNoWriMo last night with 51,500 words or something like that. My book isn't actually finished but luckily we'd planned for this and Cullen had written an emergency ending where the characters get hit by a meteorite and are killed, thereby wrapping up all loose ends.

This book turned into a romance, kind of against my will and right now the leads are in bed together. They finally consummated their relationship. I think I wrote twenty pages of them rolling around in bed before the actual moment, which I skipped. Boy can these characters talk, talk, talk. They're pretty funny but most likely I'll cut most of it out or perhaps scatter it throughout the book. It actually does make sense that it took them so long because my female lead passes out every time she gets excited. She may not faint at the site of homemade monorails like I do but she swoons when she's sweet talked or her boyfriend kisses her.

I'm weirdly depressed over November ending. Let's see what December brings in the way of writing habits I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home