Wednesday, November 23, 2005

An Annoying Day

Today was a vexing day. I went to get new glasses and the eye doctor was kind of horrified by the extreme changes in my eyes, particularly the left eye. He actually thought that his records were wrong or something and went off to measure my old glasses. It's the damn PTC of course, no matter how many times my neuro-opth tells me my eyes look great it doesn't mean I haven't lost a fair amount of vision.

Then I went to get a haircut and the chick that cut it hacked it to death. She said my hair was too thick and set about layering it, which appears to mean cut off three or four pounds and leave hardly any left. I've been toying with growing my bangs out for months and they were just long enough that I could put them up in a pony tail. Now they're too long to be bangs but too short to do anything with. In fact they are precisely the length where you go damn, I need a haircut. Meanwhile the rest of my hair is way too short to put up at all and barely covers my ears. What the hell? It's taken me a year to recover from the crazy freak who butchered it last November. This is why I go six months between haircuts.

Then I come home, very grouchy and with a nasty headache and I'm working on my book, writing this kind of big scene with a speech by my male lead and the cat decides to get up, knocks the mouse out of my hand and shuts the whole thing down, losing what I had written. It doesn't seem physically possible and yet it happened.

Meanwhile my cable keeps going out so I keep losing my progress in various projects I'm trying to do online.

Yeah, so I'm grouchy. Grouchy with a terrible haircut. Ugh.

Oh and I'm pretty sure I hate the frames the chick picked out for me at the eye doctor. I can't see a god damn thing without my glasses so I can't exactly pick a new pair of frames. I think the new ones are weird and ugly. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home