Saturday, March 11, 2006

How the hell are we supposed to make ends meet?

I'm trying to find a place to live. Our lease is up in June and our landlord wants to sell the condo we rent. Maybe he'll offer it to us for a price we can afford but based on history (we've had to move five times in the last six years because our landlords keep selling out from under us) he won't. I can sort of qualify for a mortgage through a program for low to moderate income families but I couldn't afford more than 140,000 or so.

What can you find for that in our area? Um, nothing. The condos we live in are crap, two bedroom, one bath - upstairs no less - terrible windows that don't shut so I had to block up the windows with a pair of velvet pants during the very cold winter days. But still these places are going from 200 - 268k. The cheapest one has orange walls in one of the bedrooms.

To make matters worse BGE has said that they are raising our rates by 72 percent. Or maybe it was 78. Either way we can barely afford our bill as it is. I just paid phone, electric, cable, car insurance and it was 1100 dollars, quite a bit more than I'm comfortable paying.

So what the hell, are we supposed to move to India or something? I'm so depressed and worried about this I can't even tell you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home