Monday, February 27, 2006

What do Studebakers, Santa Claus and Sudafed have in common?

Sometimes I can't say the right word to save my life.

Cullen's sick with a head cold. He takes some prescription medicine when he gets sick called accuhist, or some spelling like that. He took some this morning and he felt a little better although his skin stayed this odd putty color he gets when he's not feeling well. (When he's feeling awful he turns a pale shade of green, I kid you not.)

He was just going to bed and I asked him, "Do you need a Studebaker for your head?"

He said no, he thought that would be a really bad idea and not at all good for his head. I said "I mean a Santa Claus. I mean a stinklemeyer. I mean a studefend. A sudafed."

Cam finally says "You mean an accuhist?" I said yes. Why was I stuck on those s words? Because sudafed used to be in a lot of cold medicine? Who knows. Thank goodness my kids can translate for me.

It's queer talking to someone not used to me. They just look at me and wait politely for the proper word, not realizing I really do want them to jump in if they know the word. Ah neurological deficits, aren't they the best?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home