Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Stupid Eyes

I went to see my optho-neurologist this morning. She said my color recognition is good and my vision loss has stabilized. But the papilledema is back. She said it's not bad, about five percent but she's worried. She doesn't want to increase the amount of Diamox I take because of the side effects and because she's concerned about how much potassium I would lose. So I guess she's hoping that the Adult Hydrocephalus program doctors at Hopkins will have some advice for me.

I'm concerned because I think the Advair (inhaled steroid) I'm taking for my cough is what's aggravating the PTC. I stopped using it when I was diagnosed two years ago and my optic nerves have been totally flat. Now I'm using it and my nerves are raised. It's something to think about.

But you know, breathe or see, it's kind of a no brainer.

I started Cell last night after the Olympics, around midnight and finished it. Then I didn't sleep well. Big shocker, I know. I thought I would read just the first couple of chapters and fall asleep. Ha ha. Who was I fooling?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home